You are in the wedding planning stages- planning the location, the venue, the vibe and the dress, photographer, honeymoon everything to make the day you have both dreamed of come true. And you have such love and excitement planning your lives together. One wedding essential necessary to make sure your marriage is headed for success is pre-marital counseling.
Getting married is exciting! Creating a love that lasts requires wisdom, skill, planning, and conscious ways to build trust and commitment.
Pre-marital counseling is a process offered to couples once the decision to marry is made. It can be for first time or re-marriages. In Designing Relationships, I believe that it offers the understanding, clarity and resources to build a strong foundation and vision that contribute to sustaining lasting happiness. I use an integrated approach interweaving best practices for wellness and relational health. I use combined resources including, the latest developments in neuroscience and stress management, research from the Gottman Institute for Making Marriage Last, 5Love Language’s from Gary Chapman and my own model for creating lives of purpose and joy.
Together we will:
1.Assess your strengths and challenges as a couple
2. Customize a plan that will address your most important concerns.
3. Create a conscious relationship vision for your future, interweaving your values, hopes and dreams for a life together you will love.
4.Gain confidence to understand differences and manage conflict.
5. Build the skill in communication to deepen and grow your connection.
6. Design a portfolio of resources that will support you in your future happiness.
1. What areas would you like to strengthen in your relationship to insure lasting happiness?
2.What core values, hopes and dreams will you include in creating your relationship vision?
3. What resources do you have in your toolbox to build a strong foundation for succsss?
About Sharla: I am passionate about working with couples. I believe that quality relationships require wisdom, skill and resources that then create lasting love. I have 28 years as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and look forward to the opportunity to working with you.
Call Sharla Macy, LMFT at 720.304.2731; sharlamacy.com or email me at and schedule your consultation. We will create a customized package that will be the best fit for your needs.